Friday, 31 May 2013

I love and hate this feeling

Hey guys! Recently, (last weekend to be exact) I watched Les Mis for the first time. Wow.
Words cannot describe how that film made me feel. It made my blood run hot and cold and I laughed through my tears and cried through my laughs. It made me question so many of my morals about about issues that I think are important, love, religion, crime, the "right thing to do". I cannot get the film or its amazing soundtrack.out of my head. I am listening to it on my iPod as I write (type?) this post. I love how the songs different lyrics intertwine but you can still make out the words.
My favourite character is Marius, acted by Eddie Redmayne. I am only slightly in love with him. Even if he is like 30ish. ;) I think his (Marius') relationship with Eponine is a realistic portrayal of many relationships some girls have with with male friends; ie they are madly in love with him, abeit silently. I also love the way that him and Cosette fall in love at first sight. I don't know if this is the way in real life or not. I don't even know if I've been in love. I've been involved with boys before and had a proper relationsip but was it love? It certainly wasn't at first sight like Cosette and Marius. I dream of this happening to me, honestly I do. It was portrayed so perfectly in the film, across a busy street. So romantic.
It really really is a work of art and I would DEFINITELY reccomend it to anyone to anyone who hasn't already seen it. I know I'm a little late on the band wagon, as it was released around Christmas but I didn't get a chance to see it in the cinema.
This film has had such a profound effect on me, I can't express it. I don't even understand the emotions that it has caused me to feel. I'm a very impressionable person. Things tend to have an impact on me. Things that pass over other people's heads or things they just shrug off. Blogging had opened me to a world where other people are just impressionable as I am, and who aren't afraid to express it. (Thanks guys, I'm not alone! Cheers) I'm a hopeless romantic. I want to fall in love at first sight, hello? :P This kind of film really tugs on my heartstrings. It makes me want to get up and dance, start a revolution, break down and cry and about a million other things. I want to find a cause that I would fight and die for. I want to be a singer and do broadway shows and act in shows like this one. I want to do something with my life. Does any of this make sense to anyone else? It is a very angsty post, I just needed to get it all out. Also, I used this post to try and work out how I actually feel about the film so apologies if it jumps from thought to thought, I just wanted to gey everything down before it swept through my fingers. Unforch all the links didn't save (>_<) but all the images are from tumblr :)

6 comments:

  1. YES! A new Les Miserables fan. It is my favourite musical and I can remember all those feelings when I went to see it on stage for the first time. It's beautiful and every song is magical. I'm so jealous that you can experience it for the first time - I miss that feeling. My favourite character is Eponine but annoyingly they changed her story in the film, so definitely look that up!
    It's such a great film though and Hugh Jackman was great for Jean Valjean. I'm so happy you liked it!
    I watched it the other night but now you've made me want to watch it again!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I woukd love to see it on stage, in the west end or on broadway! Hugh Jackman was so good and I never knew the actor for Javier could sing! (I can't remember his name :L) I will definitely read the book this summer! You should totally watch it again :) xx

      Delete
  2. I love les mis! I went to see it twice in the cinema and I bought it on DVD on Wednesday and watched it then :p I now have the sound track going around in my head again! X

    http://theressomethingaboutalice.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish so much I had gone to see it in the cinema! Ya I had it stuck in my head during all of my exams as well :P I'm def going to buy the DVD next time I'm near civilisation :) xx

      Delete
  3. I know I felt the same way!!! Les Mis was awesomeeeee

    And Eddie Redmaine is so incredibly attractive :) ahh Marius <3

    Great blog!!

    Check out ladolcemoda7.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems to be a universal feeling :) Stop I love him so much <3 will be buying s poster of his face in the near future ;) xx

      Delete

Hi! I would LOVELOVELOVE (!) if you would leave me a comment saying whatever you think/feel etc about the post or my blog in general. Extra brownie points for positiveness and virtual glitter <3